» »

Kate Middleton, Duchess Of Cambridge, Wows In Green Erdem Coat For Trip To... Cambridge

Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge, was a green goddess as she kicked off the sixth day of the royal tour through New Zealand and Australia on Saturday.

Duchess Kate looked stunning in her wool-crepe Erdem coat as the she landed in Hamilton with Prince William.

kate-william-avantidrome-royal-tour-new-zealand

The couple then made their way from the airport to the nearby town of Cambridge, to lay flowers and pay respects at a war memorial, reports the Huffington Post.

It is believed the royal couple had their biggest welcome reception there, with around 15,000 people turning out to see them.

One local Evie Hayes, 68, complemented Kate on her outfit, and she replied saying it wasn't William's favourite, telling her: "I like it but William thinks it is a bit bright."

HAMILTON, NEW ZEALAND - APRIL 12:  Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge and Prince William, Duke of Cambridge are given a bike for Prince George as a gift as they visit the National Cycling Centre of Excellence and Avantidrome on April 12, 2014 in Hamilton, New Zealand. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are on a three-week tour of Australia and New Zealand, the first official trip overseas with their son, Prince George of Cambridge.  (Photo by Samir Hussein/WireImage)

According to the Daily Mail, Cambridge was named after George William Frederick Charles, Queen Victoria's first cousin and the second Duke of Cambridge.

He was the Commander-in-Chief of the British Army for 39 years and was a powerful figure in the British establishment.

Two British generals reportedly decided to lend his name to the settlement at the head of the Waikato region.

The pair opened the new national cycling stadium, the Avantidrome, together and were presented with an Avanti mini bike for Prince George. Cute or what?

They met with some of the country's Olympians and also took time to carry out and meet-and-greet with locals who had queued for hours to see them.

WANT MORE ROYAL TOUR PICS? Of course you do. Discover what the royal couple have been up to so far on their three-week trip Down Under:

Comments

We encourage lively discussion at MyDaily. Please be aware when you leave a comment that your user name, screen name and photo may be displayed with your comment, visible to everyone on the Internet. If you think a comment is inappropriate, you may select to report it to our monitors for review.

Add a Comment

*0 / 3000 Character Maximum

36 Comments

Filter by:
kraw2222

Sorry, she's a nice girl.......but very frumpy and please woman, get a haircut......nothing short....just some style!!!

April 13 2014 at 2:40 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
stevemustang67

MD Staff does not 'wow' us again with their mediocre student journalism & very limited vocabulary!!
Are you inferring that the Princes is an Army Fire Engine??.. that's the only 'Green Goddess' out there!!!
Back to school with y'all girls... if you ever went there in the first place! :-?

April 13 2014 at 1:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
brainhaydn

All this hard work are still on the minimum wage.

April 12 2014 at 4:53 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
tyrebayjohnny

...Green yes...Goddess no...

April 12 2014 at 3:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to tyrebayjohnny's comment
DADDY

Loosen up mate. She may not be a 'goddess' but she's pretty damn good looking and as my future queen, she gets my vote. So go bury your head.

April 12 2014 at 4:17 PM Report abuse -3 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to DADDY's comment
ajr2711

Nah you need to bury your's mate, as they are all outdated and need to go...!

April 12 2014 at 6:23 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down
cheryljrgilbert

Huff post? When are you going to stop calling her Kate Middleton her title is Duchess of Cambridge!!!!!!!!!!!

April 12 2014 at 12:24 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to cheryljrgilbert's comment
tyrebayjohnny

..Eh Cheryl....

April 13 2014 at 3:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to tyrebayjohnny's comment
tyrebayjohnny

....Yer wastin yer breff...(0_~)....And how are girl....x

April 13 2014 at 3:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down
a38diagnostics

Royal scroungers. You would think we were back in the dark ages. Them and Us.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 12 2014 at 12:15 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
hlhopes

..Who cares......

April 12 2014 at 12:06 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
tricia9094

I am not in favour of a Monarchy, but these two are certainly bringing some kind of popularity with them. At least this young couple are bringing the Monarchy into the 21st Century. Thank your lucky stars it isn`t the ex mistress representing this country, as that ugly old crone cannot draw these crowds to see her. We the taxpayers are paying for her upgraded lifestyle and paying for her own home to be protected so complain about that instead. William was born into the royal family and as such has little choice, and catherine has married into it. At least they are proper royals and neither has destroyed someone else`s marriage.

April 12 2014 at 11:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to tricia9094's comment
hurst735

She is not royal either, never will be. Same as Diana and Camilla, members of the royal family doesn't make them royal. The media promised to keep a distance but they are still being rammed down our throats,
Did the couple get paid for the exclusive photos in Hello?

April 12 2014 at 2:13 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to hurst735's comment
gregcookhx

No, you get to be royal by bullying everyone around you, taking what you want from them, killing anyone who opposes you, making sure you've got a gang who obey you and terrorise anyone who objects, and then getting everyone to acknowledge that your dynasty rules more or less by god's will. Think King Kim Jong Un of North Korea (third of that line), Kings George Bush I and George Bush II of the USA, and all the little kings fighting in the gangs of London and New York etc - given another few hundred years and we might see their history being taught in schools, just as we currently teach the history of the royal thugs of five hundred years ago..

April 12 2014 at 2:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down
tricia9094

Whether you like it or not The Princess of Wales was a member of the Aristocracy, and was Titled The Lady Diana Spencer. Diana was a proper royal. She was a legitimate wife without a past sexual history comparable to a bike which cannot be said of the current second one, whose marriage is extremely doubful if not illegal. Catherine is also a legitimate royal, as William`s wife. Diana was an asset to them, as is Catherine. You only have to see the crowds to appreciate that. I am not a royalist, but the majority are, and I would rather pay them than the thieving MPs and immigrants who only bleed this country without putting anything back. People come to see them and while I wouldn`t and neither would you, the fact is that a lot do want to go and see them.

April 12 2014 at 4:25 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down
hurst735

She was a MEMBER of the royal family. You have to be born into royalty to be one. You are confusing nobility with royalty. And what proof have you got about Camilla's past?

April 12 2014 at 6:03 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to hurst735's comment
tricia9094

Splitting hairs. Diana was always introduced as HRH, as the legitimate wife. My in-laws became members my family and my legal relatives. Parker Bowles sordid past is a matter of record confirmed by her "friends" who all agreed she was sexually active from at least 15 years old. Little more than a tramp as it happens. Her loose morals have been recorded in many books, and seem to have been wiped out now she has been elevated to a place she is not fit for and I certainly object to paying my taxes for her. William and Catherine seem to be doing a sterling job and the people who come to see them in their thousands obviously agree. I accept that people do want to see them even if I don`t.

April 13 2014 at 4:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down
cetarr30

Ps really ugly baby

April 12 2014 at 11:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cetarr30

Waste of space arrogant Chav..... Get lost

April 12 2014 at 11:13 AM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply