12 Fashion And Beauty Truths You Only Know If You Were Born In The Eighties
2. You spent hours colouring in the salon while your mum got her perm done.
3. Dungarees were 100% on your fashion wishlist because Charlene from Neighbours wore them to work and on dates and stuff.
4. 50-90% of your clothes came from the Grattan catalogue (and the day it dropped on your doorstep each season was nothing short of glorious).
5. When Madonna wore fingerless gloves, a tulle skirt and grinded like a stripper, it made complete sense to you.
6. Crimped hair was not ironic.
7. The Clothes Show was the best thing on telly.
8. Ponytails were so tight you had constant migraine for about half the decade.
9. Nice girls didn't wear Charlie Red.
10. Every jumper featured an animal (usually a sheep, a dog or a tiger).
11. Tiffani Amber Thiessen was your style icon
12. You had a Christmas scrunchie.
LOVE THE EIGHTIES?
Check out our gallery of all things fashion from the decade and read how its trends changed fashion here.