The hair. It's lovely, glossy and volumised. It really suits her. In fact we will go so far as to say it is MAGNIFICENT.
The makeup. The bronzed skin and dramatic eye makeup teamed with a pinky/lilac lip are excellent.
The jacket. A good, flattering leather jacket is a thing of beauty and should be treasured. This jacket is such a thing.
And now the negatives:
Oh, it's horrible. Just horrible.
We also suspect that Jessie herself is unconvinced by it as she tweeted the following quote not two hours ago:
She is wise in her pre-emptive tweetstrike, partly because it's just a great quote and one we'd like to acknowledge as being so even as we criticise her wardrobe (oh, the irony) and partly because it instantly distances her from the fact she is wearing a knitted purple spider web with what looks suspiciously like a badly positioned glory hole.
"A girl is not what she wears but what she knows"- JESSIE J (@jessiejofficial) January 12, 2012
For more from the Brit Awards Nominations, check out this video:
For a swift return to the onesies of old, hit the gallery below - stat:
- 25 Jan - Koko, London
- 6 Feb - Camben Barfly, London
- 18 Feb - Wallace Collection, London
- 23 Feb - The Graham Norton Show, London
- 27 March - Royal Albert Hall, London
- 14 May - Radio 1's Big Weekend, Carlisle Airport
- 19 May - Planet Hollywood, New York
- 12 June - Capital's Summertime Ball, London
- 25 June - Glastonbury Festival, Glastonbury
- 6 Aug - Big Chill Festival, Herefordshire
- 20 Aug - V Festival, Chelmsford
- 28 Aug - MTV Video Music Awards, LA
- 20 Sept - Sketch club, London
- 21 Sept - The VIP Room, Paris
- 5 Oct - MOBO Awards, Glasgow
- 9 Oct - Wetten Dass, Nuernberg
- 10 Oct - Demons Never Die premiere, London
- 24 Oct - Q Awards, London
- 1 Nov - Hammersmith Apollo, London
- 13 Jan - Brit Awards shortlist announcement, London