The whole mad experience comes courtesy of creative masterminds Bompas & Parr, whose previous culinary spectaculars have included a chocolate waterfall, an evening of jelly architecture, and a dirt banquet. The event heralds the arrival of Truvia - a calorie-free sweetener made from the leaves of the stevia plant - in the UK.
Upon arrival visitors are given crystals (to be exchanged for cocktails created with Truvia) and invited to brave a waterfall while taking a trip across an emerald lake in a rowing boat big enough for two.
Word to the wise: the cocktails may not assist you in terms of steering your boat in the correct direction.
- So much harder to steer than you'd think...
- Paddles and ponchos for the voyagers
- Preparing to meet and greet the Truvia exploration team
- Oh, and there's a waterfall.
- "Come in number seven - your time is up!"
- Sam Bompas - one half of the creative duo, Bompas & Parr - sets sail.
- Collision at sea!
- Your reward for a successful trip is a bottled cocktail.
- Crystals could be exchanged for cocktails
- Singapore Sling Punch with Truvia grenadine
- A monkey samples the Singapore Sling Punch
- Iced Kahvesi Roast Coffee
- Maps to assist in the voyage.
- The lift to the roof is equipped with a miniature library.
- Rowing on the roof of Selfridges!