We have tried to turn a blind eye, honestly we have, but we can't take it anymore. When someone you care about has such an obvious addiction it is your duty to say something, don't you agree? So here it goes...you're addicted to LBDs and it's time for you to go cold turkey.
We can already hear your protestations: "they look so good on me", " they never go wrong", "they make packing so easy" you'll cry, but none of those excuses will fly with us anymore.
We did our research: in 2011 you have only stepped outside your black box twice. That's right, two dresses in six months jam-packed with public appearances. Faced with the numbers, can you really deny you have a problem?
Admitting it is half the battle, the other half is making a change. Given the season and your perfect California girl skin tone, it should be easy to break away. Start with some easy basics like white, cream or even a classic red. Once you rediscover colour, indulge in this season's bright trends. Colour blocking, floral prints, neon: come back from black and the rainbow will greet you with open arms.
We're rooting for you Jen!
The MyDaily Staff
PS: If you feel your resolve weakening, flip through the gallery below to remind yourself of just how much time you spent cloaked in darkness.
- Spike TV Guys Choice Awards, 4 June 2011
- Just Go With It premiere, Berlin - 21 Feb 2011
- Just Go With It photocall, Berlin - 21 Feb 2011
- The Bounty Hunter photocall, Madrid - 30 March 2010
- Marley & Me premiere, LA - 11 Dec 2008
- Management screening, Toronto Film Festival - 7 Sept 2008
- ONE Sunset Book Party - 19 June 2007
- 18th Annual GLAAD Media Awards - 14 April 2007
- Dirt premiere - 9 Dec 2006
- The Break-Up premiere, Sydney - 5 June 2006
- Friends With Money premiere, Hollywood - 27 March 2006
- GQ Men of the Year party - 1 Dec 2005
- Along Came Polly photocall - 18 Feb 2004
- Along Came Polly premiere, LA - 12 Jan 2004
- Runway for Life fashion show - 19 Aug 2003
- 26th Annual People's Choice Awards - 9 Jan 2000
- Friends Charity Gala, 21 Oct 1997
- The Object Of My Affection premiere, New York - 27 April 1998
- The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, 27 June 2011